Follow me here:

Follow me!

Thursday 21 August 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Review

I'd heard a lot of buzz surrounding the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balms, and as an avid lip product lover I thought I'd give them a go.


First of all, price-wise, these are not exactly cheap at $35 each, (but that didn't stop me picking up two... I have an addiction).  And if it weren't for the price, I think I'd be a lot happier with the product.

Don't get me wrong, I like these a lot.  And yes, the packaging does look relatively expensive. They're  also in crayon/stick form, so they apply really easily and are perfect for on the go. The colours themselves are really pigmented, and there's a good range of colours (that seems to be expanding quite regularly).   And as an added bonus, they're actually quite moisturising, which is nice to find. (I normally wear matte, so it was nice to have some moisture).

However, I've noticed that they do tend to bleed a bit. They also wear off around the middle of the mouth relatively easily, which I could understand if you're eating or drinking a lot, but they wear off with just general wear, which irks me a bit, because I'm lazy when it comes to reapplying. This may not be the case with the lighter colours in the range though, as I only picked up 03- Mightiest Maraschino and 08-Grandest Grape.
Top: Mightiest Maraschino, Bottom: Grandest Grape.





















(On a sidenote, 06-Plum Russian in the Bourjois Colourboost lip crayon range is a very good dupe for Grandest Grape! It's not quite as pigmented, but otherwise it's almost the same).

I quite like the colours I picked up, (although there was many more that I wanted to choose!) Mightiest Maraschino is a bright red, that when it wears off, looks slightly on the pink side. Grandest Grape, as the name suggests, is a more purple/wine coloured red.

Overall, I think if these were less expensive, I would be much happier with them.  They are a lovely product, and have some great colours, but I probably won't be picking up any more at this point.

What do you guys think? Have you tried any of these, or do you have any lip product recommendations?

Beth. x


No comments:

Post a Comment